Record number of Paston College students gain places at Oxford and Cambridge universities
- Credit: Archant
A record six Paston Sixth Form College students have won places at top universities Oxford and Cambridge for the next academic year.
They are: Julia Dawson (North Walsham High School), to read psychology at St Hilda's College, Oxford; Jacob Gallie (Flegg), mathematics at Homerton College, Cambridge; Emily Grapes (Stalham), natural sciences at Selwyn College, Cambridge; Eloise Heath (North Walsham), English at Christ Church College, Oxford; Ella Letort (Acle Academy), history of art at St Peter's College, Oxford; Adam Wicks (Sprowston), history at Corpus Christi College, Oxford.
The six had to demonstrate outstanding academic ability in their GCSE and AS results and in their predicted A-level grades.
These, together with their personal statements and college references, got them an interview and they then had to convince interviewers of their academic credentials and potential.
The six were part of Paston's College A+ and Oxbridge programmes which has seen a yearly increase in the numbers aiming for Oxbridge or the top Russell Group universities.
You may also want to watch:
'I am extremely proud of their achievement in winning places at Oxford and Cambridge and on courses which are highly competitive' said Paston principal Kevin Grieve.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault