School joins new academy trust
- Credit: Archant
An infant school in Thetford is to join an academy trust, becoming the seventh in Breckland to do so.
Raleigh Infant Academy became part of the Eastern Multi-Academy Trust, which runs 14 schools in the east of England, as the start of July.
It makes it the seventh school to join the trust's Breckland Hub, with others including Admirals and Diamond Academies, also in Thetford.
Duncan Ramsey, trust chief executive, said: It is a real privilege to be working with seven schools in the Breckland area. We are determined to support Raleigh Infant Academy effectively on its improvement journey and to play our part in raising educational standards across the region.'
In February, the school was rated inadequate by Ofsted, and was one of eight in Norfolk given a warning notice by the county council last year.
You may also want to watch:
Acting head of school Julieanne Purvis said the school was embracing its new opportunity.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp