RADA place a dream come true for Fakenham actor
- Credit: Archant
Celebrations for a Norfolk performing group's 50th anniversary have got off to a flying start, after one of its actors secured a place at RADA.
Zachary Green, from Fakenham and District Light Operatic Society (Fadlos), last appeared on stage in the award-winning production of The Phantom of the Opera, when he played the title role to high praise. He was also an award-winning success as Javert in Les Miserables with the group.
The 20-year-old, who works in Walsingham, said: 'I'm starting on the acting foundation year in September. It's a dream come true. I have always wanted to be an actor and such a great range of actors, from Alan Rickman and Richard Attenborough to Sean Bean, have studied there.'
The former Fakenham College student said on Facebook: 'Nervous is an understatement but so excited to finally leave after my two gap years. Thanks to everyone who has helped and supported me in this crazy drama industry.'
The society's director and chairman Ben Francis said: 'Our anniversary was supposed to be the first celebration of the year, but that's been slightly hoodwinked by the news that Zachary Green has got a place at RADA.'
You may also want to watch:
The society's 50th celebration production of Sister Act, the musical, will be held at Fakenham community centre from July 4-8.
Mr Francis added: 'It will have a cast of 41, including several new players who have not set foot on the stage before.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
'On the Tuesday evening performance Fadlos is fundraising for Cancer Research UK and trying to encourage people to come along in fancy dress.
'So many of our friends and members have been affected by cancer, it seems the best way for us to try and turn negative into positive.'
And this year is also the 40th anniversary of the pantomime in Fakenham. Jack and the Beanstalk will be led by a new production team with Alex Chidichimo and Tilly Baron at the front. Auctions for the children's chorus and for adults will be in August/September.
tickets for Sister Act are available from the box-office at Sweets 'N' Things, Market Place, Fakenham, call 01328 855172 or https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/fadlos