Race for Life in memory of much-loved school technician
- Credit: Archant
Academy staff and students will put their best foot forward as they remember a long-standing member of staff at this year's Race for Life.
The event, which raises money for Cancer Research UK, will be dedicated to Louise Malkin, a DT technician who was a member of the support team at Thomas Clarksion Academy in Wisbech and its predecessor Queens School for more than 20 years.
She lost her battle with cancer in October last year and is greatly missed by her colleagues at TCA.
Laura Buckenham is a humanities teacher at TCA and is also Louise's niece.
She said: "After the success of dedicating last year's race to our dear friend and colleague Nicki Cobbin, it's a lovely idea to dedicate this year's race to Auntie Louise.
You may also want to watch:
"Her family are touched and a group of them will be supporting the event in her memory."
Staff, students and their families are invited to sign up to walk, jog, or run the 5km race, which starts at the school at 6.30pm on Thursday, June 27. The entry fee is £2 for under 18s and £5 for adults.
- 1 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 10 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
In previous years, TCA has raised more than £4,000 through its Race for Life.