Public exhibition of vision for new learning centre at Holkham Nature Reserve
- Credit: Archant
Plans to build a new learning centre and toilets alongside one of Britain's most popular national nature reserves is moving closer to becoming a reality.
For more than three years the Holkham Estate has been planning to provide a learning centre next to the reserve, near Wells, within easy access from the approach road to Holkham beach.
Next week people can see the proposed designs at an exhibition.
This will be at the Rose Garden Café in Holkham on July 10 from 2pm to 7pm.
The learning centre would help to educate visitors of all ages on a sustainable approach to enjoying the special environment at Holkham and provide much-needed toilet facilities.
You may also want to watch:
The proposed building would be located at the north-eastern end of Lady Anne's Drive on former arable land just outside the nature reserve.
The planned design of the building reflects features of the local landscape. The centre would provide a classroom and meeting room, a viewing gallery, office, toilets and an interpretation area with a small café.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
Sue Penlington, education officer at Holkham, said: 'The learning centre would complement and expand our current education provision with the dedicated education department which was launched earlier this year.' An application for planning permission is expected to be made in September.