Pre school pupils in Sprowston celebrate graduation
- Credit: Archant
In their blue motarboards, gowns and beaming smiles a group of preschool pupils celebrated finishing their first year of education.
On the same day as the start of graduation ceremonies at the University of East Anglia, leavers of the School Lane pre school in Sprowston were marking the first step of their journey through education.
The 20 leavers received each a certificate, poem, photograph and teddy to mark their early years schooling before they head off to junior school in September.
Sue Harper, chair of the pre school at the Diamond Centre in Sprowston, said: 'The expressions on parents faces were absolutely brilliant and to see the smiles of the children as they looked at their parents made it all worth it.
'We gave a certificate to everyone leaving the pre school as a mark of the achievement. I think at each level of progression children need to know they have achieved something,' she added.
You may also want to watch:
'It is unbelievable how much the children change after in their years at pre school so it is worth celebrating.'
The organisers also raised £170 on the to go towards funding places at the centre.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
The pre school had 58 children in its care at the end of this academic year and there are plans on the horizon to double in size as Sprowston town council hopes to expand the nursery.
Do you have a story about Sprowston? Call reporter George Ryan on 01603 772748 or email email@example.com
Crossref to EN 13 for UEA graduation