Prankster has a ball at Cromer Academy prom
- Credit: Dave 'Hubba' Roberts.
A senior pupil stopped the conversation dead after arriving at his school prom in a coffin - in the back of a hearse.
Thomas Fredericks came up with the wacky idea to celebrate the end of exams at Cromer Academy.
Students and staff staged the annual event Northrepps Cottage Country Hotel on Friday evening.
And while the humble limousine seems to have met its match as teenagers find more elaborate ways of arriving at their school prom, other pupils made their grand entrance in a Porshe, classic cars and a trike.
Mr Fredericks, who had considered taking a tank to the prom, won a £10 prize for making the grandest entrance.
You may also want to watch:
And everyone had a blast.
School principal, Dr Geoff Baker said: 'This year's prom was a huge success. The venue was fantastic, the food was excellent and everyone had a great time. The event was organised by our students who worked with our school manager, Vicki Bumphrey, to raise funds, choose options for the evening and arrange for a series of awards to be given to staff and students. They worked incredibly hard throughout the year and did so with good humour - so it was great to give them a good send off.'
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled