Photo gallery: Youngsters hop, skip and jump their way to success in day five of the Norfolk Winter School Games
Children from around the county hurdled their way to victory today as part of the Norfolk Winter School Games.
Nearly 350 pupils travelled to the UEA Sportspark to take part in the sports hall athletics.
Years seven and eight competed in activities including an obstacle course, sprints, standing long jump, standing triple jump and vertical jump.
The excited atmosphere and cheers from teammates spurred on the youngsters as they competed for their School Sports Partnership.
Winners from the day will go on to compete at the Regional Sportshall Athletics competition, which is held in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Hesselline, 11, from Flegg High School in Martham said: 'I like athletics – it's good to do different events and get to try all of them.'
Billy, who hopes to play sport in the future, competed in the cross country on Monday, and claimed that running is his favourite sport. He added: 'Not many people are able to run fast, so if you can it's pretty cool.'
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 5 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 6 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk
- 10 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
Alison Cropley, PE teacher at Flegg High, said that the effects of the games on children was noticeable.
'It's really good because they bring it in to lessons with them. It just raises the game within that lesson for everyone,' she added.
A focus of the day was ensuring that pupils were encouraged to keep up athletics.
Stephen Hulme, county school games organiser, said: 'Each of the kids get invited to have club involvement – for us, it's all about trying to get them into clubs.'
Have you taken pictures of the school games? Upload them to iwitness24.co.uk
See tomorrow's paper for coverage of the final day of the Winter Games.