Photo gallery: Young performers dance their way through class at Norwich summer school
Young performers have been taking to a Norwich stage for a special show celebrating dance.
More than 80 dancers aged seven to 18 have this week been taking part in Norfolk Dance Association's annual summer school, and on Thursday for their grand finale they performed a showcase packed full of ballet, jazz, musical theatre and contemporary dance.
The show, performed to family and friends at the Hewett School's Walter Roy Theatre, was the culmination of six days of classes and rehearsals which began on Saturday.
Ilse Chant, chairman of the Norfolk Dance Association, said it was lovely to see the young people progress over the six days and present a fantastic final show.
She said: 'The children had some excellent teaching, they made friends and enjoyed themselves.
You may also want to watch:
'They had great fun in the rehearsals, and it is fantastic what they have achieved and what the teachers have choreographed.'
During the 2014 summer school the ballet classes were taught by Rachael Hunt, a teacher from the English National Ballet School, and contemporary dance was taught by Jane Coulston, choreographer and director of Beyond Repair Dance Company.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 4 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 7 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 8 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 9 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 10 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
The musical theatre classes were run by Sam Spencer-Lane, whose credits include choreographing various West End shows, and jazz was taught by Stephen Butler, a seasoned performer and teacher at Mountview College. Classes were also accompanied by professional pianist Mark Brown.
The Norfolk Dance Association has been running since 1981.
As well as its summer school the association also runs Days of Dance events throughout the year at the Hewett School.
For more information about Norfolk Dance Association visit www.norfolkdanceassociation.co.uk
• Are you organising a special performance in Norwich? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com