Photo gallery: Thetford, Methwold and Mildenhall GCSE results - how did your school do?
Students across south Norfolk and West Suffolk were celebrating today (Thursday) after collecting their GCSE results.
Although some schools said they would appeal against some of their pupils' English Language results, including Thetford Academy and Mildenhall College of Technology, the majority were delighted with the teenagers' achievements.
Hockwold and Methwold Community School declined to release its grades.
• The first figure is the percentage of five or more A*-C GCSEs, including English and maths, with previous years in brackets.
You may also want to watch:
• The second figure is the percentage of students who gained five or more A*-C GCSEs in any subjects, with previous years in brackets.
• The third figure is the percentage of students achieving the English Baccalaureate; A* - C in English, maths, double science, history or geography, and a modern foreign language.
- 1 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 2 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 3 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 4 Week's worth of fuel gone in hours at village filling station
- 5 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 6 Nine ways to make your fuel last and avoid joining petrol station queues
- 7 NASA rocket spotted over Norfolk
- 8 Why are there queues for petrol - and do you really need to fill up?
- 9 Fuel shortages are on those who panicked - don't just blame the media
- 10 Norfolk Broads' village in £150,000 bid to buy land at auction
HOCKWOLD AND METHWOLD COMMUNITY SCHOOL (formerly Methwold High)
Unavailable (53) (48) (53) (45) (38) (34)
Unavailable (64) (59) (67) (60) (49) (42)
MILDENHALL COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY
'The success of our students is testimony to the tremendous hard work and effort they have put in. 'Many have attended extra revision sessions at lunchtime, after school and even during holidays to make sure that they achieved the best results possible.
'The students have been supported at every stage by dedicated and hard working teachers,' headteacher Susan Byles.'
THETFORD ACADEMY (This was established in 2010 when Rosemary Musker High and Charles Burrell High merged)
'It was such a tough year when we opened but this is the right thing for Thetford and it's the way forward. Today's results are just the start and are a platform to build on next year and get closer and closer to the national average,' principle Cathy Spillane.
THETFORD GRAMMAR SCHOOL
93 (100) (97) (100) (100) (100) (97)
93 (100) (97) (100) (100) (100) (98)
'While the whole year at the very least matched their predictions, over two thirds in fact exceeded them which is a tribute to the pupils' efforts supported by their parents and teachers,' headmaster Gareth Price.