Photo gallery: Hundreds of pupils take part in cross country championship at Gresham’s Prep School, Holt
A north Norfolk school welcomed record numbers to its seventh annual cross country championship.
Around 550 competitors from 28 different school participated in the event hosted by Gresham's Prep School today (Friday).
Children from Norfolk schools and beyond – including from Colchester - took part in the race with the hope of bringing glory to their respective schools.
The pupils competed in four races across a course that sent them through woods, past an outdoor amphitheatre, and back across a rugby pitch to the finishing line.
Blue Wilson, of Langham Village School, came second in the under 11's girls race. She said: 'I enjoyed the race which was really muddy.
You may also want to watch:
'It is my last visit here as I will be too old next year but I would definitely recommend it.'
A spokesman for Gresham's Prep School added: 'The weather held out for the duration of the championships and all four races were run in good spirits.
- 1 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 8 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 9 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
'One competitor nobly finished his race despite losing his shoe in the mud.'
Gresham's organisers added that they were 'delighted' that so many schools could participate in what is now becoming 'a firm sports fixture in many schools' calendars across East Anglia'.
Prizes were given out for team events and individual winners and were awarded by Steve Adams, sports development director, and Kim Quick, wife of Gresham's Prep School headmaster.