Photo gallery: Gresham’s leavers’ ball at Holt
- Credit: Archant
There was all the fun of the fair for students saying goodbye to Gresham's School at Holt.
They had the chance to try their skill and strength on fairground stalls set up outside the marquee housing 300 students, families and staff for the farewell ball.
A fortune teller, Gipsy Amelia, also gave them an insight into what lay ahead as they headed off to the next stage of their life.
And the magic inside the marquee, where tables were decorated with fairground galloper horses, was added to by the close up conjuring of Roy Davenport.
The event was organised by a committee of four parents and was a chance to let hair down - to live music by local band Hangover Square - after the formalities of Speech Day earlier on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Speech Day guest speaker was businessman Tim How, a senior director at Dixons Retail, who attended the school between 1964 and 68.
The events also included music concert in the chapel, drama presentation in the Auden Theatre and reports by the acting headmaster Nigel Flower, head of school Will Langley and deputy head of school Georgie Lomax.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 Man in 30s dies after crash on A12