Photo Gallery: College of West Anglia graduation ceremony
- Credit: IAN BURT
Wet weather might have shortened the procession, but it didn't wipe the smiles on gradation day.
The College of West Anglia students celebrated years of hard work at a presentation ceremony to mark the end of their higher education degrees.
Watched by their proud families, they gathered inside the Corn Exchange in King's Lynn to be presented with their certificates for completing courses from equine studies to engineering.
The procession usually takes the graduates around the town centre but due to damp conditions on Saturday they were limited to just a lap around the Tuesday Market Place.
They were led by principal David Pomfret who paid tribute to the 146 graduates.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pomfrets: 'It's a shame about the conditions, but whatever the weather it will be a day to remember for all the graduates.
'I know the students have worked extremely hard to get where they are today.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
'Past graduates experiences with higher education at the College of West Anglia has propelled them to great things, I hope the same can be said for today's graduates and wish them all the luck in the future.'
It was also a day to celebrate for National Citizen Service graduates who attended of the three waves that took place at Mepal, CITB and in the community over the summer.