Photo gallery: Beeston Hall School percussion day is a crashing success
For once teachers were encouraging their pupils to make even more noise in class during a percussion day at Beeston Hall School.
Youngsters were handed snare drums, djembe drums, boomwhackers and other instruments and taught to beat out a tune during a series of workshops. The whole thing was put together at the end of the day and performed to parents during a concert.
Pupils aged from six to 11 from The Belfry in Overstrand, Sheringham High School and Glebe House in Hunstanton joined children from Beeston Hall for the event in the school sports hall.
The children rehearsed in different locations around the school in West Runton, including the tree house and outside on the lawn.
Director of music Emma Dale said: 'This is the third time we have held a percussion day. It is great because children spend a whole day music making and get to experience different instruments from all around the world.
You may also want to watch:
'They took to it very well right from the start and have had a fantastic time playing lots of instruments they have never really played before and meeting children from other schools.'
Head of percussion Stuart Addison, who helped to organise the event, said: 'Percussion is great for learning rhythm and it is great fun. The day is really to give a bit more exposure to different types of percussion. Percussion in schools is normally a drum kit that isn't up to all that much. Having the opportunity for somebody to teach children how to use it is really rare.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 7 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 8 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 9 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
'Every age group has done really well. Some of them have been really enthused and everybody has got something to perform at the end of the day.'