Pantomime fun on the timetable for Norwich pupils
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Pantomime fun was on the timetable for some Norwich school pupils - oh yes it was!
Young people from Arden Grove Infant and Nursery School enjoyed an afternoon full of song today when they were visited by members of the cast of Snow White which is currently at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Pantomime ensemble members Emily Bellingham and Nicola Mooi led the workshop along with pianist Mark Read.
The event followed on from a previous event at the school with Ben Langley who plays Muddles in the pantomime.
Nicola said: 'I was really excited to meet everyone and to take Boris the dwarf outside panto-land. It was also great to see the children get involved in the workshop and have a really good time.'
You may also want to watch:
Emily added: 'The children picked all the songs up really well during the workshop. We are really looking forward to welcoming the Arden Grove pupils and their families to see the show on Sunday too.'
Six-year-old Lily Fennell was one of the pupils who took part.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 5 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 6 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 7 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 8 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 9 'Very calculated predator' - how jailed abuser befriended pupils' families
- 10 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
She said: 'We sang Doe A Deer and had lots of fun. Muddles from the panto also came in on another afternoon and was really funny.'
Daniel Thrower, the school's headteacher, said the workshops had been an entertaining learning experience for the children.
He said: 'The children have had two brilliant afternoons. Having Ben Langley coming into the school to tell the story Snow White was entertaining and lots of fun. Then we also had panto pianist Mark Read plus Nicola and Emily in to teach the children songs from the panto which was brilliant. What a great way to prepare the children for our family trip to the panto on Sunday.'
Snow White runs until Sunday at Norwich Theatre Royal. For more details, visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com