Ouch! Pupils brave leg wax for end-of-year prom
- Credit: Archant
Three brave Year 11 students at North Walsham High School have endured agony to raise money for the 2016 Prom – by having their legs waxed in front of their fellow students.
Leon Fordyce, Luke Paranal and Josh Anderson sacrificed their leg hair as part of a fund-raising day on the last day of term, to help raise funds to stage the traditional end-of-year party.
Fellow students paid £1 each to watch the three undertake the painful ordeal, performed by Amber Dean from Mundesley beauty business Beauty By The Sea.
'It was agony, but I'm sure the Prom will be worth it in the end,' said Leon, whose particularly hairy legs meant he endured the most pain.
The stunt was one of a number of fundraising initiatives undertaken by Year 11 students on Thursday, with a cake sale and a non-uniform day also taking place. In total the day raised around £800 towards the Prom, which will once again take place at Northrepps Cottage, in July.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 5 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 8 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 9 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 10 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way