Online stage for young Norfolk musicians in live concert link-up
- Credit: submitted
Young musicians from Norwich are set to be part of a special concert which will see them link up live via the internet with a youth orchestra performing in Liverpool.
Musicians and singers from Norwich, Liverpool and Lambeth will play in the same concert from two different venues on Friday, in what is thought by organisers to be a world-first live streamed group performance.
The event is part of the Young Norfolk Arts Festival.
The Sistema in Norwich Martineau Children's Orchestra and children from Lambeth In Harmony will perform live at Epic Studios in Norwich while young musicians from Liverpool are 'beamed in' to play alongside them, and the whole concert will be broadcast on the web.
Each audience will be able to see the performances at the other venue via screens, and the musical programme will include pieces to commemorate Benjamin Britten's centenary year.
You may also want to watch:
There are also hoped to be guest appearances from Venezuela and Philadelphia plus a quartet from the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
Marcus Patteson, director of Sistema in Norwich and Norwich and Norfolk Community Arts, said: 'It's an exciting development with all sorts of implications. We are proud of our orchestras and want their achievements to be showcased as widely as possible.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 7 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
James Foster, from Epic Studios, said: 'The concert will be a great experience for the audience in the venues as we link up live to each of them, and can be enjoyed across the web on any device.'
The concert is at Epic Studios, in Magdalen Street, Norwich, on Friday and starts at 7.30pm. The concert is free but donations are welcome. Visit www.epic-tv.com to watch live.