Norwich University of the Arts students design dresses for John Lewis
- Credit: John Lewis
Norwich fashion students have collaborated with retailer John Lewis on a limited edition eveningwear collection.
The three Norwich University of the Arts students, who have all graduated this year, worked with the John Lewis design team to create dresses for the John Lewis Kin range.
Alice Potts, Daina Ecaite, Yee Ki Ng were given the opportunity to create a range of dresses that highlight their expertise within pattern cutting and design.
The dresses are currently on display in John Lewis Norwich and are available to purchase on John Lewis' website.
Sue Chowles, NUA Fashion course leader, said the collaboration was a wonderful opportunity for the students to experience and be actively involved with the entire creative process from initial designs on the drawing board to final model fittings.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'My graduates fully embraced this challenge and have created a striking and impressive range of directional forward-thinking pieces which forms part of the new exciting limited Edition Collection.
'It is wonderful to see all of the student's hard work come to fruition and to see their work on sale in John Lewis stores nationwide and online.'
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 4 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 'Our best ever year': The businesses booming as lockdown lifts
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 Norfolk driver to replace Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes for Sakhir GP
The Kin by John Lewis collection includes: a crepe jersey drape dress designed by Alice Potts and priced at £99; a ruched neck dress designed by Daina Ecaite and priced at £139; an asymmetric shoulder dress designed by Alice Potts and priced at £139; and a pleat backless dress designed by Yee Ki Ng and priced at £139.
The dresses are currently on show in the John Lewis Norwich store, in All Saints Green, and are available to buy at www.johnlewis.com