Norwich students praised for landing top grades in courses
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Dozens of Norwich students have been recognised for landing top grades in their courses.
The 185 City College Norwich (CCN) students were made Norfolk Scholars for their performance in their level three courses this year.
The award is made by Norfolk County Council for learners who attain either distinction grades in level three vocational courses, or ABB and above in A-levels.
Courses studied by the new Norfolk Scholars include art and design, travel and tourism and health and social care.
They include Leah Cranswick, 19, who achieved a triple distinction in health studies. After a gap year doing voluntary work, she plans to study a degree in mental health nursing.
You may also want to watch:
'I was really happy with my grades,' she said. 'I didn't think I would do so well because at one point I wasn't even sure if I would finish my education. I worked so hard and had a few things to overcome, so it felt even better to get there in the end.'
Corrienne Peasgood, principal at CCN, said: 'We are immensely proud of all of our Norfolk Scholars who have achieved exceptional grades across a wide spectrum of curriculum areas. Not only have these students achieved outstanding marks, on 19 different vocational courses, as well as on A-levels, they also reflect the wide diversity of young people we have here at CCN.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
'Our Norfolk Scholars exemplify our commitment to teaching and learning that is ambitious and challenging, in which every student is challenged to reach their full potential.'