Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form ranked higher for tech subjects than Eton and Harrow
- Credit: Steve Adams
A new league table for high tech subjects has ranked a Norwich sixth form higher than Eton and Harrow.
The rankings, put together by Government-backed campaign Your Life, include Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form on Bethel Street in the top 50 schools nationally for science, technology, engineering, and maths - known as STEM subjects.
The table looks specifically at student performance in these areas, which are seen as providing vital skills for high tech industry.
Neither Eton nor Harrow - often seen as among the country's elite schools - make the top 100 of the list.
Sir Isaac Newton Sixth Form Principal Chris Jennings said: 'This is fitting recognition of the really great results our students are achieving at Sir Isaac.
You may also want to watch:
'Because we specialise in STEM subjects our students and staff can really support and push each other to learn and discover more, and build a really strong community.'
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 6 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 7 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 8 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'