Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- Credit: Denise Bradley
An independent school in Norwich has been named as one of the best in the region.
Norwich School came third in the Parent Power league table published in The Sunday Times Schools Guide 2022, which compared East Anglia’s best independent secondary schools.
The school, located in Cathedral Close, and one of the oldest schools in the UK, was ranked through assessing its academic results which produced a percentage score.
Norwich School was also placed at 70 when ranked nationally.
Alastair McCall, editor of Parent Power, said: “The need for clarity about school examination performance has never been greater after two years teacher assessed grades, during which for completely understandable reasons, the numbers of top grades increased dramatically.
“We felt it was important to go back to the last sets of moderated public examination outcomes from 2019, 2018 and 2017 to get the most accurate and current view of school academic achievement. By taking a three-year average, we mitigated against relatively poor performance in a one-off year.”
The Perse School in Cambridge was named the best secondary school in East Anglia.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 4 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 5 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 6 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 7 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 8 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Taxi driver hopes to be named Miss Voluptuous UK