Norwich Road Academy still “requires improvement” two years after academy conversion
- Credit: Archant
A primary school which became an academy two years ago has been told by Ofsted it 'requires improvement' - the same judgement as before conversion.
Norwich Road Academy in Thetford was inspected on June 16-17, and judged 'requires improvement' in four of five areas considered. Its predecessor, Norwich Road Primary, received the same overall rating in March 2013, but was 'good' in two of four areas inspected.
The latest report, published today, said: 'Teachers do not have sufficiently high expectations of what pupils can achieve and they do not plan sufficiently well to meet the learning needs of all groups within their class. Consequently, pupils have not made enough progress in their learning, particularly in English and mathematics.'
The inspectors said the executive principal and vice principals are 'uncompromising in their pursuit of school improvement', and 'have recognised all of the aspects of the academy that need addressing and are tackling them in a systematic, strategic manner'.
It added the school was on an 'upward trajectory of improved achievement', and its sponsor, the Academy Transformation Trust, was 'aiding continued school improvement well'.
You may also want to watch:
Theresa Rogers, interim executive principal, said: 'We are really pleased Ofsted have acknowledged the progress already made within our academy. However we recognise we still have work to do and we have robust plans in place to address these challenges.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency