Norwich pupils are inspired by British astronaut’s space mission
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from City of Norwich School were among those with their eyes to the sky as British astronaut Tim Peake blasted off into space.
And as well as watching the big moment today, many of the pupils at the Eaton Road School also took part in their own space-inspired activities which included building rockets.
Assistant headteacher Kate Nichols said the pupils were absolutely mesmerized as Major Peake embarked on his six-month mission.
'They were really excited. They sat in silence and were in absolute awe,' she said, adding that the pupils were now busy coming up with questions to ask the astronaut during a live link-up with him planned for next year.
The school is among those lucky enough to be picked to interview Major Peake while he is on the International Space Station, which orbits the Earth from a distance of about 200 miles away.
You may also want to watch:
City of Norwich School, Norwich School, Reepham High School and University of East Anglia students will all be joining in with the live radio link-up between City of Norwich School and the International Space Station via ARISS (Amateur Radio on the International Space Station).
Students from the three Norfolk schools and the UEA will be given about 10 minutes to quiz Major Peake at a date and time in February to be confirmed nearer the time.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 3 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 4 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 5 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 8 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 9 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 10 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month