Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form secure funding for European partnerships
- Credit: Archant
Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form College have successfully secured funding for a number of partnerships with schools across Europe.
The British Council and European Union are funding a two year collaboration with three partner schools in Bulgaria, Germany and the Netherlands, focusing on raising aspirations of young people.
Funding for the project was secured through a bid to The European Commission's Erasmus+ initiative.
In November, staff from Northgate High School, the Netherlands, Bulgaria and Germany are meeting for a conference in the Netherlands to celebrate these partnerships.
In March 2019, Northgate High School and Dereham Sixth Form College will be hosting 50 visiting students and staff who will be participating in the partnership's bi-annual European Arts Festival.
You may also want to watch:
During the week, the students will join with Dereham pupils in a weekend of exciting and inspiring opportunities.
Northgate High School has also benefited from a successful bid to access funding to engage in a teacher exchange programme with schools in Sweden.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 5 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks