Norfolk triathlete unveils Hellesdon school’s new trim trail
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A professional triathlete from Norfolk has celebrated the unveiling of a junior school's new trim trail.
Kim Morrison, who was born in north Norfolk, visited Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon to mark the official opening of its new trim trail, which has been bought after years of fundraising.
While the school has always had a trail, about four years ago pupils, parents and the Friends of Kinsale Junior School decided it was past its best and began a fundraising campaign to replace it.
They have since raised thousands of pounds for the trail, which is all-weather and can be used throughout the year.
On Wednesday, pupils quizzed Mrs Morrison on her career as an athlete, before she signed autographs and unveiled the trail.
You may also want to watch:
School headteacher Carolyn Baxter said: 'The children absolutely loved the visit and the trim trail will be a fantastic new addition.
'We're very grateful to Kim for making the time to come.'
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 5 'You get relegated playing the Norwich way' - Old boy Bruce on Magpies' sorry plight
- 6 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 7 Childhood friends unite to launch barbershop together
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 New Turkish takeaway which cooks over coals shows how kebabs should be done