Norfolk triathlete unveils Hellesdon school’s new trim trail
- Credit: copyright ARCHANT 2017
A professional triathlete from Norfolk has celebrated the unveiling of a junior school's new trim trail.
Kim Morrison, who was born in north Norfolk, visited Kinsale Junior School in Hellesdon to mark the official opening of its new trim trail, which has been bought after years of fundraising.
While the school has always had a trail, about four years ago pupils, parents and the Friends of Kinsale Junior School decided it was past its best and began a fundraising campaign to replace it.
They have since raised thousands of pounds for the trail, which is all-weather and can be used throughout the year.
On Wednesday, pupils quizzed Mrs Morrison on her career as an athlete, before she signed autographs and unveiled the trail.
You may also want to watch:
School headteacher Carolyn Baxter said: 'The children absolutely loved the visit and the trim trail will be a fantastic new addition.
'We're very grateful to Kim for making the time to come.'
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England