Back to school: When are the school holidays in Norfolk in 2019/20?
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The summer holidays are almost over and within days children's bags, pencil cases and lunch boxes will be packed ready for the start of a new school year.
But when are this year's half terms and holidays at Norfolk's schools?
Norfolk County Council has listed the following dates for the 2019/20 academic year on its website.
It adds that term, holiday and staff training dates can differ between schools and advises parents contact their child's school to confirm dates.
You may also want to watch:
Term starts on Wednesday, September 4 and ends on Wednesday, December 18.
The half term holiday is Monday, October 21 to Friday, October 25.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
The Christmas holiday runs from Thursday, December 19 to Friday, January 3 2020.
Term starts on Monday, January 6 and ends on Wednesday, April 1.
The half term holiday is Monday, February 17 to Friday, February 21.
The Easter holiday runs from Thursday, April 2 to Friday, April 17.
Term starts on Monday, April 20 and ends on Tuesday, July 21.
The half term holiday is Monday, May 25 to Friday, May 29 and Friday, May 8 is a bank holiday.
The summer holiday runs from Wednesday, July 22 to Friday, September 4.