First days, Castle Acre and Flamingoland - can you spot your child in our School Report Gallery?
- Credit: Hannah Hutchins/Norwich School
It may have only been two weeks since children returned to school after the summer holiday, but from the photos we've received for School Report it appears to have been an exciting start to the academic year.
Reception children at Langley Preparatory School at Taverham Hall, Norwich School and Town Close School thoroughly enjoyed their first days, making friends and exploring the school grounds.
It was an exciting beginning of the year for Year 7 children at Town Close School who had the chance to immerse themselves in the French culture and language during a residential trip to France.
Children in Year 4 through to Year 6 at Eastgate Academy travelled to Yorkshire for a week of adventures in Whitby which included a visit to Whitby Museum, Whitby Abbey, Flamingoland and the beach.
Closer to home, Year 5 and 6 at Great Dunham Primary School visited the River Nar and explored Castle Acre to gain an understanding of how the river influenced the Norman settlement.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Mabey, writer and broadcaster, officially opened Norwich High School for Girls' Heritage Orchard. The orchard currently consists of 18 trees - all local varieties of apple, pear, plum and cheery - with the oldest dating back to the 1500s. Already, teams of girls have been busy protecting the trees from the winter frosts in January, pruning them and watering them through the dry spells of summer, as part of the school's Activities Programme which takes place every Monday afternoon.
- Check out our new community for teachers and school staff Enjoy Teaching More on Facebook.
- Don't miss our School Report pages in the EDP and Norwich Evening News every Monday. To be featured in School Report, please e-mail your photos to us at email@example.com
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk