New director of UEA Sportspark in Norwich is unveiled
The University of East Anglia has unveiled Phil Steele as its new director of sport.
Mr Steele has a background in managing hotel chains and leisure facilities, and joins from Fusion Lifestyle.
During his time there he relaunched activities at seven London-based centres, and co-managed a �26million refurbishment project.
'I'm really delighted to have been appointed to this post,' he said.
'The Sportspark is one of the largest-ever Lottery-funded community sports facilities and my challenge is to continue the excellent work that has been done here.
You may also want to watch:
'I am particularly keen to ensure that we continue to offer a balanced activity programme catering for the varied users who have been enjoying the facilities over the last 12 years – and welcoming in new people who have yet to discover us.'
A Liverpool fan, Mr Steele's other sporting interests include racquet sports as well as football, and he has coached in both.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Rooms with a view? See two new hotel suites costing £120,000
- 10 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners