'A major investment' - New cafeteria in the works for sixth formers
- Credit: West Norfolk Academies Trust
West Norfolk sixth formers are set to enjoy exclusive use of a new school cafeteria, which is currently being built.
The new Springwood High School building in King's Lynn will provide dining space for 102 people and is solely designed for sixth formers to use on their breaks and lunch times.
Plans for the single-story building, which were approved by West Norfolk Council, include a kitchen area, and office and toilet facilities. It will also include laptop lockers and chargers to allow for independent study.
Andy Johnson, executive headteacher, said: "This new cafeteria represents a major investment in the sixth form on the part of West Norfolk Academies Trust and it is an exciting addition to our dedicated sixth form facility.
"Springwood sixth formers already wax lyrical about the fantastic food available to them from their canteen area - now, we will have a cafeteria that does the food justice."
You may also want to watch:
The school hopes to hold a grand opening in December.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage