School workout with Olympic gymnast to fund new equipment
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A Norfolk primary school had a visit from a world, European and commonwealth medallist and Team GB gymnast.
Little Snoring Primary School were visited by Kristian Thomas, the Olympic gymnast, on March 4.
The sportsman did a sponsored fitness circuit with the children to raise money for new sports equipment.
He then held an assembly demonstrating his gymnastic skills and let this children know 'anything is possible if they work hard.'
Victoria Langley, the deputy head teacher at the school said: "It was brilliant, the children loved it.
You may also want to watch:
"It was really good fun having Kristian come into the school, it will hopefully encourage pupils to get into sport, raise their aspirations and follow their dreams."
Mr Thomas was a long standing member of both the England and Great Britain men's teams and was part of the British team that won gold in the 2012 European Championships.
- 1 Busy petrol station on A140 closes due to 'unforeseen circumstances'
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 5 Heavy rain prompts flood warnings as first snow forecast to fall
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 'Don't bend rules' warning to Christmas revellers
- 8 Cattle farmer who was 'known across the country' dies aged 79
- 9 Revealed: Coronavirus vaccine hubs in Norfolk
- 10 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
The school have already raised £800 with a final total being announced next week.