School workout with Olympic gymnast to fund new equipment
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A Norfolk primary school had a visit from a world, European and commonwealth medallist and Team GB gymnast.
Little Snoring Primary School were visited by Kristian Thomas, the Olympic gymnast, on March 4.
The sportsman did a sponsored fitness circuit with the children to raise money for new sports equipment.
He then held an assembly demonstrating his gymnastic skills and let this children know 'anything is possible if they work hard.'
Victoria Langley, the deputy head teacher at the school said: "It was brilliant, the children loved it.
You may also want to watch:
"It was really good fun having Kristian come into the school, it will hopefully encourage pupils to get into sport, raise their aspirations and follow their dreams."
Mr Thomas was a long standing member of both the England and Great Britain men's teams and was part of the British team that won gold in the 2012 European Championships.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 3 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 7 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
The school have already raised £800 with a final total being announced next week.