King’s Lynn students celebrate success
College of West Anglia students enjoy awards night
More than 60 students from the College of West Anglia are celebrating success following the annual awards night.
The students were all nominated by lecturers at the King's Lynn campus, across all faculties, and they were presented with a trophy by principal David Pomfret at a ceremony in the town's Corn Exchange.
The three special award winners were: Carly Hain, 18, studying for a BTec National Diploma in Business and dedicates her spare time to voluntary work helping children with disabilities. She spent a month in Cambodia working with the New Futures Orphanage. 'She is an exceptional young woman and a positive role model,' said her citation.
She was presented with the Tom Gill Award for Commitment.
You may also want to watch:
Nicolle Taylor, 18, and Laura Silinskaite, 17, both received the Lloyds Corporate Markets Personal Achievement Award. Nicolle suffers from cystic fibrosis and is studying business. Despite periods of illness and hospital stays she is expected to ahcieve a good final grade.
'Her tenacity is inspirational and in the face of adversity she always manages a smile,' said her citation.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
Laura helps support students with learning difficulties and, despite coming from Lithuania with little English, she has achieved a qualification in the language.'
'She has an excellent attendance record at the college and has shown an exceptional attitude to her studies.' said her citation.