KES Academy student in King’s Lynn Anna Reeves scores prestigious research placement
- Credit: Steve Bishop-Walker
A student from King's Lynn has been offered a place in the prestigious Nuffield Research Placement scheme this summer.
Anna Reeve, 17, a sixth form student at KES Academy is one of only 10 students to be offered a place in the county.
Nuffield Research Placements provide students with the opportunity to work alongside professional scientists, technologists, engineers and mathematicians, taking part in real research projects for four to six weeks during the summer.
Miss Reeve said: 'I am really excited to take part in the placement scheme, as I want to pursue a career in research.
'I knew that the scheme was very exclusive when I applied, so I am extremely proud to be one of the few students to be offered a place.'
You may also want to watch:
Miss Reeve, who is in Year 12, said she is hoping to complete a degree in biochemistry after she has completed her A-levels.
- 1 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 2 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 7 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 8 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
- 9 Tax in post: Only Fools and Horses van racks up fines
- 10 'We'll be forced back on the roads' - travellers' plea at site hearing