How chirpy is your child? Happiness classes for 5-10s are coming to Norfolk
- Credit: PA
A mindfulness teacher will be holding free happiness classes in Norfolk for children aged five to 10.
Relax Kids Norfolk, a branch of the national Relax Kids, will run the sessions at the Millennium library, in the Forum in Norwich, later this month to mark International Happiness Day.
The body uses a seven-step programme to help children focus, be more confident and relax to support their emotional health.
Classes include games, stretches, peer massage, breathing, positive affirmations and visualisations.
Holly Sly, a Relax Kids coach, will hold the first sessions at the library from 11am to 11.45am and 12pm to 12.45pm on Sunday, March 19, while the second will be held at Barford Primary School, for pupils, on March 20.
You may also want to watch:
Children will be invited to write down a happy moment, or what happiness means to them, which will be used to create a 'colourful miles of smiles' paper chain at the library.
• What do you think of having happiness classes for young people? Leave your comments below or email email@example.com
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub