Holt music course ends in European premiere
- Credit: Archant
Children taking part in a summer music course in north Norfolk will work with a top musician and perform a European premiere of his new work.
The annual International Britten Music Course being held at Gresham's School in Holt this year features composer and jazz pianist Will Todd, who wrote Call of Wisdom which received its premiere at St. Paul's Cathedral for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.
Over the five day course from July 14 to 18 young musicians aged eight to 13 will work with Mr Todd to prepare for a final day performance. The programme comprises his Mass in Blue, This Other World, and the latest premiere, of Gloria in Excelsis.
Participants will also be joined on stage by soprano Rosamund Walton, a professional jazz ensemble, and The King's Lynn Festival Chorus conducted by Old Greshamian and member of The Monteverdi Choir, Tom Appleton.
Tickets for the 6pm performance are £9 (free for under 18s) via the Auden box office at 01263 713444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to watch:
There are also a few places left on the course. More information at www.greshams.com/ibmc
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 6 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 7 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 10 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone