High school to hold Inspiring Females Symposium
- Credit: Archant
Norwich High School for Girls is preparing to host its first Inspiring Females Symposium.
Next week's event will be split over three main days, with more than 30 inspiring women from a diverse range of backgrounds invited to spend the day with girls from Norwich High, Flegg High School and Framingham Earl High.
Participants include actress Kate Ashfield, from Shaun of the Dead, Alice Walpole, ambassador-designate to Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso, and Jess Turner, the head of creative at Adnams.
Headmistress Kirsty von Malaisé said: 'What has been inspiring for us organisers, has been the unanimity of purpose amongst everyone involved. At the other end, not a single woman we have asked to contribute to our event has said no, which is an extraordinary hit rate.
'It would seem that there really is still a gap here, and that the women who have made it are as keen to share their wisdom as the girls are to hear it. It is very exciting to prepare an event which has, through its own organic momentum, grown well beyond the original vision.'
You may also want to watch:
Activities include panel discussions covering issues such as 'Women working together to achieve a common goal'.
Five women attending are Norwich High School alumnae, and the majority live, work or originate from Norfolk.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 10 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
Do you know an inspiring female leader? Email firstname.lastname@example.org