‘High expectations’ play a role in ‘good’ Ofsted report for Yarmouth nursery
- Credit: Supplied
A combination of 'high expectations', good teaching and a motivation to learn is part of the reason that a Great Yarmouth nursery has been found to be 'good' by education inspectors.
Ofsted visited Peggotty Nursery, in Peggotty Road, in November, and the resulting report was released last month.
The report found the nursery, which provides provision for children aged two, three and four, delivered 'exciting and motivating teaching.'
It read: 'Children are very happy, settle quickly and form extremely secure bonds with the staff.'
The nursery, which opened in 2011, employs seven members of staff who all hold early years childcare qualifications and was assessed as 'good' in all areas of the inspection.
You may also want to watch:
Osted reported that staff 'strive to provide the best possible early education for the children in their care.'
Nursery manager, Liz Enfield, said: 'We're very happy with the result because it is hard to get a good rating thesedays. And it's purely down to the hard work of our staff and the support of our families, because we are in a deprived area.
- 1 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 6 Market traders 'devastated' over council plans to revoke licences
- 7 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 8 Hamleys toy shop opens in Norwich shopping centre
- 9 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
'Looking forward, we're just going to keep going, working on the communication skills of the children and making them school ready.'
Peggotty Nursery is part of a small group of five nurseries that are managed by Great Yarmouth Community Trust, a local charity.
Another nursery run by the trust, Little People's Montessori, in Norwich was recently found to be 'outstanding' by Ofsted.