Hethersett Academy becomes a National Teaching School
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A Hethersett school has been boosted by a new national status, which recognises its ability to help train new teachers.
Hethersett Academy has been named the region's newest National Teaching School, a designation that recognises the skill of a school in developing high-quality teachers.
The academy, which is part of the Inspiration Trust, will now support other schools within the trust, as well as other local schools.
Principal Gareth Stevens, who has been made a national leader of education, said: 'This is fantastic recognition of the hard work of not just our teachers, but also our staff in their commitment to great teaching.
'We already work closely with our local primary schools and with other schools at all ages across the Inspiration Trust and this teaching school status will help us ramp up that work.
You may also want to watch:
'It is crucially important that teachers have the right skills to support students and keep their professional knowledge fresh right through their careers.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 6 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 9 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 10 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested