Headteacher of City of Norwich School to retire after 40 years in education
- Credit: Archant � 2011
The well-known headteacher of a Norwich school is to retire in August after 40 years in education.
Jim Nixon, headteacher at the City of Norwich School (CNS), wrote to parents on Monday, with the school confirming the news on its website.
He said: 'I am writing this additional Echo to inform you that this morning, I announced to governors and staff my intention to retire and step down from my post as headteacher of CNS, an Ormiston Academy, as of the 31st August 2017. I have asked that staff inform students, although I will, of course, speak to them all in assemblies over the coming weeks.
'The school is in a very strong place and I am very proud of our achievements and so very pleased that Ofsted recognised all the excellent work that takes place here on a day-to-day basis. Crucially, governance is very strong and effective and I have no doubt that the school will continue to thrive under the leadership of a new headteacher.'
He said he would be continuing in education 'both on a voluntary basis and potentially in an advisory capacity'.
You may also want to watch:
'In August, I will have completed 40 in education and am delighted that leading CNS over recent years have been the most enjoyable and stimulating of them all,' he said. 'With our existing and strong leadership team, CNS will undoubtedly continue its success whilst maintaining its robust and unique ethos and I look forward to hearing about its achievements in the future.'
Mr Nixon said the post was being advertised nationally, with interviews planned for March.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 9 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 10 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death