Gresham’s School in Holt welcomes Sri Lankan drummer and dancer who won scholarship
A north Norfolk school has welcomed its second South Asian music scholar from Sri Lanka.
Drummer and dancer Thasinda Dassanayake has won a scholarship to Gresham's school in Holt after applying for the coveted place through a Sri Lankan festival.
The scholarship includes a week as a boarder at the senior school, music coaching by some of the school's professional music staff and opportunities for performance, both at the prep and the senior schools.
He arrived at Gresham's today (Monday) and will be performing traditional Sri Lankan dancing and playing the drums at the Music and Munch event at the Auden Foyer on Thursday, March 15, from 1pm.
The scholarship was founded in 2010 and thousands of students apply for it through the Sri Lankan Festival for the Performing Arts each year.
You may also want to watch:
? For more information please call The Auden Theatre box office on 01263 713444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit