Great Yarmouth student gains performing scholarship
- Credit: Archant
A Great Yarmouth teenager is celebrating after winning a scholarship at a performing arts academy.
Hannah Hall, 19, has clinched the Kerry Ellis Scholarship at Scene II 16+ Performing Arts Academy, based in Great Dunmow, Essex.
The academy holds the scholarship event every year in honour of one of its patrons and one lucky student wins a free three year musical theatre scholarship.
Miss Hall said: 'I am absolutely over the moon about being awarded the Kerry Ellis Scholarship, when I found out I cried, and I just couldn't believe that I had been chosen. It is beyond my wildest dreams and I feel like I have won the lottery.
'I am so excited to continue my journey as part of the academy and I'm going to work so very hard to show my appreciation for this fantastic opportunity.
You may also want to watch:
'I can't wait to start in September.'
A spokesman for the academy said Miss Hall had done 'extremely well'.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 7 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner