Great Yarmouth school set to expand play area
- Credit: Archant
An extended play area is being proposed for a Great Yarmouth school that is said to occupy a very restricted space.
Norfolk County Council has submitted a planning bid to expand a hard play area for St George's Primary and Nursery School by knocking down a neighbouring former restaurant at 59-61 St Peter's Road.
The county council has sent in the planning application to Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
Planning documents say the enlarged hard play area 'will not materially increase any noise associated with education use'.
The design of the extended play area 'will seek to reference existing features linked to the school frontage'.
You may also want to watch:
The planning report concludes: 'The proposal will deliver an enlargement to a constrained school site.
'The design of boundary treatment is sensitive to the context and the change will not harm residential amenity.'
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 10 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK