Great Yarmouth High School announces new headteacher
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2013
Great Yarmouth High School, which is looking to become an academy, has appointed a new headteacher.
John Robson took over the role yesterday, taking over from consultant head Jim McAtear, who has been with the school since April.
It comes as the school makes a raft of changes, also recently announcing its governing body will be replaced by an interim executive board - which will be responsible for the strategic aspects of the school including budget management, staffing and pay.
Mr McAtear, had only been able to spend one day a week in school as he is head of two other schools.
In letter to parents, the school said Mr Robson, 'a very experienced and successful headteacher', will work on site for at least three full days every week and we are confident this will support improvements for pupils.'
You may also want to watch:
Last Thursday, Mr McAtear wrote to parents telling them the school's 'difficult financial situation' was 'completely resolved.'
Mr McAtear, said that Mr Robson will likely serve until the school becomes an academy, which it is bidding to join the Diocese of Norwich Education and Academies Trust.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars