Gershwin classics and tap-dance routines in Aylsham High School’s production of Crazy For You
- Credit: Archant
I Got Rhythm, Embraceable You, They Can't Take That Away From Me, and Nice Work If You Can Get it are among the well-loved Gershwin classics which Aylsham High School students will be belting out this month.
The school, which has a reputation for the high standard of its annual musical, has chosen to stage Crazy for You as its 15th production.
And leading man Charlie Randall, who plays Bobby Child, has done his bit to make sure the latest show is another hit by learning to tap dance.
Year 11 student Charlie has been taking lessons with the Aylsham-based Sutton School of Dance since the end of September.
Bobby dreams of becoming a dancer but his overbearing mother and ruthless fiancée have other plans. Mother wants him to work in the family bank while his fiancée Irene is determined to march him up the aisle.
You may also want to watch:
Bobby escapes both women and heads for Deadrock Nevada where he falls in love and decides to save a theatre by putting on a show.
Chorus numbers are a major feature of the musical, which is set in the 1930s.
- 1 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 8 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Driver cut from vehicle after crash on Norwich ring road
The school managed to track down a stage vintage car in Suffolk and dancing girls will be bursting out of it during the production. Comedy, cowboys and captivating costumes are also promised.
As usual, students and staff have been rehearsing every weekend since September, as well as after school and at lunch times.
In addition to the cast of 42 children, another 30 will be busy back stage and front of house.
Aylsham high prides itself on never repeating a show and has already chosen a new venture for next year, Carousel.
? Crazy For You runs from Wednesday March 20 to Saturday March 23 at 7.30pm, with an extra matinée performance on Saturday at 2.30pm. Tickets are £6-£8 available from the school box office, tel: 01263 733270 ext 207 or email email@example.com