GCSE dance on the timetable at The Garage
- Credit: Teele Killing
GCSE dance will be on the timetable at a Norwich performing arts venue from this weekend.
The Garage, in Chapel Field North, is pioneering a new dance GCSE qualification and there is still time for people to sign up to take part.
The class, which begins on Sunday, is open to both young people and adults.
Toni Bentley, learning and inclusion director at The Garage, said: 'To our knowledge, only a handful of secondary schools in Norfolk have a GCSE dance offer this year, so it is extremely exciting to be able to offer this opportunity for students and adult learners to access this qualification in a professional arts organisation in a move that we hope will pave the way for further formal education options over the coming years.'
Phillippa Allen, from Norwich, is one of the people looking forward to taking part in the class.
You may also want to watch:
She said: 'This course is a fantastic way to broaden your dance knowledge. It's great for people with different backgrounds in dance and for people of all ages. I've been looking for something like this for a long time and cannot wait to get started.'
During the course dance students will have the chance to take part in high profile performance and workshop opportunities with visiting performance companies.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
Anybody wanting to join the GSCE dance class should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 283382. There are also a number of other dance classes for all ages, abilities and levels starting on January 16.
For more information about these classes and other events at The Garage, visit www.thegarage.org.uk
Do you have a Norfolk arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com