Future voices: Talented kayaker in the running for European Championships place
- Credit: Archant
An extraordinarily talented 14 year old, Sasha Dyke, from Wymondham College, finished second in her latest kayak marathon race.
Not only has Sasha participated in national events, but she also represented Great Britain last year where she competed against the French and Belgians, winning the under 14 competition and coming second in the under 16s.
Despite it being Sasha's first marathon race in a K1 (kayak for one person) over the longer distance of 19km, and her encountering some difficulties along the way, for example falling at one of the portages (the points where you have to get out and run with your kayak), a determined and fast improving Sasha strived on.
As a result of Sasha's performance, she is now ranked second in Britain (under 18) at the age of 14.
Following Sasha's outstanding race, she has put herself in firm contention to represent Britain for the junior girls' team at the European Championships this month.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have an inspiring story about young people in Norfolk doing sports? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit