Future Voices: My theoretical physicist role model shows you can be smart and silly at the same time
- Credit: Archant
I only really found out about my role model relatively recently, through an internet band known as NSP, a band that I started to listen to a few years ago and have loved ever since.
The band consists of two people, Dan Avidan and Brian Wecht. Brian Wecht is the one who is my role model. Why?
Well, before he was part of NSP, Brian got a PhD in theoretical physics, has since had research positions at universities such as Harvard and Michigan, and has been a faculty member at the Queen Mary University of London. This may be reason enough to have him as a role model; however the reason I like him so much is much different to that.
The aforementioned comedy band 'NSP' that Brian is a part of, isn't really the most serious of bands, oftentimes being humorous, ridiculous and sometimes just plain silly. This embodies the reason why I hold him in such high esteem; he's a constant, perfect example of a couple of things.
First of all, that you don't have to be serious all the time, no matter what you do, being mature all the time is unnecessary.
You may also want to watch:
Secondly and, in my opinion most importantly, is through Brian's actions, as he dropped a stable and highly respected career to help his friend start a comedy band on YouTube.
This is the main reason I like Brian and would like to meet him someday, because he seems like an all-round fantastic person. He's passionate, intelligent, and someone I would ultimately aspire to be one day.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 4 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 5 Tzolis poised to complete Canaries switch
- 6 City closing in on Werder Bremen striker
- 7 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 8 'Truly sorry' glamping owner apologises after negative reviews
- 9 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 10 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
Tom Daniels, 16, Wisbech