Future Voices: King’s Lynn’s speedway stars
- Credit: Matthew Usher
For the King's Lynn young stars, this season has been pretty successful. Although they ended second in the table in the extremely good year of 2013, they still sit in a moderate fifth a year on. With the Isle of Wight's club folding at the end of last season, there was a prospect for new clubs to step up to the National League. Scunthorpe and Devon both put forward new teams, but the Young Stars weren't threatened by the new teams and by the end of the season Devon and Scunthorpe ended a respectable seventh and ninth.
But where the Stars have been having their luck this year may not have been the league meetings, in fact they've had a very good year in the Knockout Cup.
Young Stars manager, Dale Allitt, spoke before the first leg of the Knockout Cup and told supporters: 'Cradley have a strong team, and they have shown that this season. But they can be beaten and we need to believe that going into the first leg. The boys are confident at the Norfolk Arena, a fast start would give us momentum that we can use.'
But it hasn't all been plain sailing this year for the Young Stars, and as any speedway fan will know, injury almost always strikes at a crucial point of the year. Young Stars number one Lewis Rose was struck with a knee injury in late August, when riding for his premier league team Newcastle, and he hasn't been able to compete with the King's Lynn stars for a couple of months now, but he's hoping to be ready and fit for next season. Familiar faces join the stars team including Josh Bailey, Tom Stokes, Marc Owen and Scott Campos, along with a few replacements for the injured riders. For the Cradley team they put forward their strongest team also which includes favourites Steve Worrall, Nathan Greaves, Max Clegg, Tom Perry, Paul Starke, Matt Williamson and Danny Phillips.
If you want to follow more on the Young Stars then visit: http://www.kingslynnstars.co/category/young-stars/
You may also want to watch:
Emily Oxbury, 13, Blofield
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’