Flying high: Gresham’s hosts celebration of the countryside
- Credit: Gresham's
Make Father's Day special with a visit to Gresham's School in Holt to meet some of the most beautiful birds of prey on Sunday, June 18, at 10.30am.
Everyone is welcome and this special, one-off event is free of charge with plenty of car parking available.
Fens Falconry, a unique private falconry facility based in Wisbech, Cambridgeshire, will be making the most of the School's extensive grounds with an informative and entertaining talk.
Visitors will be able to watch the birds demonstrate their expert skills during a display (weather permitting).
Handlers will offer visitors the chance to get up close to hawks, falcons, eagles, kites, owls and buzzards and will be on hand to answer questions and to offer plenty of photographic opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
This event is being hosted as part of the annual Norfolk Festival of Nature at Gresham's, a celebration of the county's unique countryside, which takes place from June 16 to 18.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 4 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 5 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 6 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 7 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 8 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched
- 9 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 10 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk