Further schools to be hit by coronavirus closures
- Credit: Archant
Two schools are set to be closed amid the continuing coronavirus pandemic.
The first two schools in the Lowestoft area confirming they will soon be temporarily closed were announced on Tuesday, March 17.
The Warren School, in Clarkes Lane, Oulton Broad “will be closed from 3pm on Wednesday, March 18 until after the Easter holidays.”
While Westwood Primary School, on Westwood Avenue, Lowestoft, will also be closed from Wednesday, March 18 “until after the Easter holidays due to staffing shortages.”
A letter to parents and carers on the Warren School website from headteacher Jan Bird about “the school’s response to the ongoing Covid-19 virus situation” said: “Following updated advice from the Government I have taken the decision to close Warren School for all learners from 3pm on Wednesday, March 18 until after the Easter holidays, planning for learners to return to school on Tuesday, April 21.
You may also want to watch:
“On behalf of our staff team, I would like to thank you for your support in these exceptional circumstances and to wish you well for the extended Easter holiday period.”
Both school’s have updated online resources on their respective websites for home learning during the school closures.
Staffing issues amid the growing outbreak have seen Norfolk schools forced into total or partial closures in recent days.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 7 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 8 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 9 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 10 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse