Festival in Norwich will celebrate history of diversity
A festival celebrating the history of diversity is taking place in Norwich this month.
LGBT History Month – which celebrates lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender history –features events including discussions, films and football. David Mills, Norfolk LGBT History Society secretary, said it was about looking at LGBT history and providing a forum to discuss the present and future. He said: 'It is an opportunity to explore LGBT history and find out about some things you may not know about. It is for all orientations and about educating people and inspiring them.'
Today, 6pm – Gender and Sexuality Reading and Discussion Group (Millennium Library).
Saturday, 1pm – Self defence taster (Rapid Defence Martial Arts Academy).
You may also want to watch:
February 12 – 'Let It Out, Boy:' LGBTQ Teenagers and Sex in Literature Lecture (University of East Anglia). For more information, email email@example.com
February 18, 8pm – What Katy Did film screening (Cinema City).
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 3 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 4 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Months of resurfacing work on Norfolk's roads to start
- 8 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
February 22, 8pm – DR Comedy Night with Scott Agnew (Farmer Browns, Tombland).
February 23, noon - Sew Gay Pride LGBT History Patchwork (Millennium Library)
February 24 2pm – Kick Homophobia Out of Football Tournament (Norwich City Football Club, Carrow Park).
February 26, 5pm – How do we tackle homophobia in schools? workshop (Bignold Primary School).
February 28, 7.30pm – Sing with Pride and Friends Concert (Wensum Lodge)